The farm is one of the oldest in the Alpbach valley. It was first mentioned in a document as far back as the 14th century. Had there always been a male heir the farm would have the honoury titel "Erbhof".
In 1809 the farm burnt down during the Napoleonic wars; it was rebuilt in 1815. The house has basically remained the same since then.
The farm has a little chapel built into the house and this is extremely rare.